Ah-Lou Liu, a doctor (苗栗市劉阿樓外科醫院院長劉阿樓) in Miaoli (苗栗), was one of the members of Kano baseball team. The late Dr. Liu attended KANO before he went to medical school to study medicine in Japan and returned to Taiwan after WWII ended.

He first trained in National Taiwan University Hospital as a surgeon and opened his medical practice in surgery in Miaoli, Taiwan in late the 1940s or the early 1950s. He was the first modern and prominent surgeon in Miaoli while I was a student at the local elementary School. My uncle (my mother's first younger brother) had stomach surgery performed by Dr. Liu in 1950. I still remember that my mother donated blood for my uncle because of his massive G.I. bleeding (胃出血) which required an emergency surgery. In my recollection, Dr. Liu was the catcher for the KANO baseball team.